As a club, Michigan Impact want all of our players to reach their highest potential on and off the field. Which is why we are committed to helping our players continue on and compete at the college level.
This year we are pleased to welcome Joe Adcock to our staff. Joe is not only coaching teams for us, he is also heading up our college recruitment program. Prior to Impact Joe spent three seasons with Lobos/Wizards Soccer Club in Lake Orion and 10 years as an Assistant Coach with Siena Heights University in Adrian, MI. His primary responsibilities at Siena was goalkeeper training and recruiting.
We will be creating team pages where each players profile will be posted so that college coaches will be able to view them. If you haven't already completed and returned the two profile pages please contact Joe and he can provide you with the necessary information.
Contact Joe with any questions or concerns you may have or your player has regarding the college recruitment process.
Below is a helpful list of things your player needs to be doing, and when they need to be doing it.
YOU MUST BEGIN TO PREPARE EARLY!!
- Sophomore Year (1st Semester Aug-Dec) - list of schools and begin to research.
- Sophomore Year (2nd Semester Jan-Jun) - Begin to prepare 1 page informational on you and narrow your search.
- Summer before Junior Year - Continue to develop resume & narrow search -where are you playing?
- Junior Year (before high school season or Thanksgiving) - Resume with future schedules included (high school or club) E-mail accessible & hard copy
- Junior Year (before Christmas) - tournament appearance(s) & updates to resume
- Junior Year (2nd Semester Jan-Jun) - continue to narrow list based on feedback and generate feedback
- - Unofficial Visit(s) to those that interest you and/or interested in you!
- - Mail transcripts & SAT scores with senior courses included (if available)
- REGISTER FOR THE ELIGIBILITY CENTER!
- Summer before Senior Year
- -Unofficial Visit(s)
- -July 1st Recruiting Calls
- Senior Year (1st Semester Aug-Dec) - continue unofficial visits IF not taken
- - official visits (5); DI obsolete?, DII (trial at end of your season), DIII (vist at any time in college career)
- - Visit CAMPUS in action (regular school day—attend class & game day—observe coaching style, caliber of players, your position)
- -APPLICATION PROCESS/DEADLINES
- Senior Year (2nd Semester Jan-Jun)
- -APPLY ON TIME
- -FILL OUT FAFSA & PROFILE (pay attention to deadlines)
- -NLI (February) or ACCEPTANCE LETTER
- -MUST CONTINUE TO PERFORM ACADEMICALLY
Prospective Student-Athlete (PSA) MUST take ownership of this process!!
Other Useful Information
Guide for College Bound Athlete
NCAA College Rankings
NCAA Eligibility Center
---Must register at the start of the Junior Year
Contact Links for Various School Soccer Programs